Australia / Tasmania / Hobart
REASONS TO JOIN US
- All rides depart from the Hobart waterfront, thereby catering for a hassle free cycling holiday and "civilised" roll out times.
- Fully supported rides with guides, mechanics, tools and support vehicle.
- Daily bag drop for all rides, enabling easy access to your bag during each ride.
- Experience cycling across some gravel sections which can be ridden on standard road bikes. (We recommend at least 25mm tires)
- Whilst rides are planned for each day, you will always have the option for day(s) off to explore the treasures of Hobart.
- Immerse yourself in cultural tours (including the world famous Mona Gallery), wine & whisky tasting, shopping and a whole lot more.
- Support local businesses.
- Live the ride with your mates and/or meet new riders.
- Two levels of accommodation to suit different budgets - The Grand Chancellor OR The Macquarie Manor.
- See FAQ's for full details.
THE APRÈS VÉLO TOUR DE TASMANIA IS NOT JUST ABOUT THE BIKE. IT'S ABOUT THE APRÈS VÉLO LIFESTYLE AND CREATING FOND MEMORIES THAT WILL LAST FOREVER.
You will experience why Tasmania is amongst the greatest destinations in Australia.
Eating and drinking will be amongst the many sensory highlights we will experience in Tassie, including wine tasting and lunch at a renowned vineyard.
We understand the importance of down time, comfort and peace. All rides depart from the Hobart waterfront, so you will spend 5 nights on tour in the same bed.
Our daily rides through Hobart will ensure you get to experience all of the beautiful landscapes this Australian cycling mecca has to offer.
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR DE TASMANIA
Monday 1st March
3:00pm roll out.
35km cruisy ride in afternoon to get the legs moving and ensure your bike set up is good to go.
Welcome drinks & dinner provided by Après Vélo.
Tuesday 2nd March
150km ride with 2500m of climbing. We head out South of Hobart.
Lunch stop in Cygnet.
Dinner on your own.
Wednesday 3rd March
90km ride over the foothills of Mt Wellington.
Caffeine stop near Kingston Beach.
Afternoon - great opportunity to catch the ferry and visit the Mona Gallery.
Dinner on your own.
Thursday 4th March
120km ride. Head out North of Hobart following the Dewent River.
Caffeine stop in New Norfolk.
Our ride will finish at one of Hobarts finest vineyards for wine tasting and a well earned lunch, shouted by Apès Vélo.
Dinner on your own.
Friday 5th March
50km. Mt Wellington Loop which includes 17.68km of climbing at an average gradient of 7%.
Afternoon – free to do as you please.
Farewell Dinner provided by Après Vélo.
Saturday 6th March
Adios to Tasmania.
Hotel check out and bike transfers to Hobart Airport at designated time, UNLESS you choose to spend the weekend in Hobart ...what a great opportunity.
The Après Vélo itinerary may be subject to slight route changes, and other modifications subject to circumstances.
PRICES & DATES
We are offering two levels of accommodation to suit peoples needs. Refer below under ACCOMODATION for more details.
Luxury hotel accomodation and situated right on Hobart’s picturesque waterfront. Complimentary gym, heated swimming pool and sauna. The perfect mix of style, comfort and convenience.
1 Davey Street
Hobart TAS 7000
2. The Macquarie Manor Hotel
Located only 5 minutes’ walk from Hobart's waterfront, this beautifully restored hotel is situated in a heritage 1875 building.
172 Macquarie Street,
Hobart TAS 7000
- Daily breakfasts in your respective hotels.
- 2 premium dinners with 1st round of drinks included.
- Wine tasting followed by a long lunch at one of Hobarts finest vineyards.
- Bike transfers from and to the airport at designated pick up times.
- Ride support with safety focus paramount. Our resident ride guides will ensure that your rides are truly local and take in many of the roads less traveled. We recognise that no rider is the same and we ensure that no-one is left behind whilst Living the Ride with us in Tassie.
- Support van providing mechanical assistance if required.
- Complimentary Après Vélo souvenir t-shirt & cycling cap.
- Travel insurance.
- Meals outside of those listed under INCLUSIONS
- Bike hire (if required).
- Café stops.
- In-room hotel charges.
APRÈS VÉLO ENCOURAGES AND WELCOMES NON RIDING PARTNERS TO ATTEND OUR TOUR DE TASMANIA.
Riders and non-riding partners share all breakfasts, dinners and our vineyard long lunch experience, making it an inclusive and shared experience for all.
COME ALONG FOR THE RIDE
With prior arrangement, non riding partners will also have the opportunity of experiencing the beauty and uniqueness of each area we visit on bike, but in the comfort of our support vehicle. Please pre-book your spot in the vehicle by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, as spots are limited.
Non Riding partners will receive a 10% discount off the quoted prices.
POST RIDE ACTIVITIES
Hobart offers a contrasting blend of heritage, scenery and culture, with world class activities and attractions nearby. Nestled amongst the foothills of Kunanyi / Mt Wellington, Hobart combines heritage charm with a modern lifestyle in a setting of exceptional beauty. It's no wonder Lonely Planet has called Hobart one of the top ten spots to visit in the world right now.
With its captivating history, picturesque waterways, rugged mountains and gourmet experiences, the city has something for everyone. Things to see and do are plentiful. Here are but a few recommendations once the wheels stop spinning.
- Salamanca Place & Salamanca Market
- Port Arthur Day Trip
- MONA: Museum of Old and New Art
- Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery
- Bruny Island Day Trip
- Stroll along the Battery Point Sculpture Trail
- Whisky Distillery Tour
- Wine Tasting
The health, safety and wellbeing of our guests is of paramount importance whilst we continue to assess the Global COVID-19 Crisis.
We remain positive and will keep all our guests up to date with regular updates.
If we have to postpone the March 2021 tour, all money paid will be refunded in full.
We will also give you priority for our rescheduled tour date.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
See our FAQs page for answers to common questions or contact us via email.
NEED MORE INFO?
See our links below for more information about this tour.