Europe / Spain / Mallorca
- Experience the Cap de Formentor ride to the lighthouse. A true cycling and photographic haven.
- Conquer Sa Calobra, the island’s most iconic climb and one of the main reasons cyclists come to Mallorca.
- Cycle coast to country and see why pro teams choose to train here.
- Enjoy spectacular winding roads that hug the coast towards the famous scenic villages of Valldemossa and Deià.
- Immerse yourself in cultural tours, old world charm villages, shopping, and a whole lot more.
Unwind in a great location on the shores of the Mediterranean.
You will experience why Mallorca is possibly the greatest destination in the world for road cyclists.
Eating and drinking will be amongst the many sensory highlights we will experience in Mallorca.
We understand the importance of down time, comfort and peace. Your home for the week will be located on the shores of the Mediterranean, where you can escape the stresses of everyday life.
Our daily rides through Mallorca will ensure you get to experience all of the beautiful landscapes the island has to offer.
JOIN US FOR THE HOLIDAY OF A LIFETIME
Your host will welcome you at Palma de Mallorca airport at the designated pick-up time (TBA) to help with your luggage, before transferring you to your hotel in Port de Pollenca on the shores of the Mediterranean.
A great opportunity to wind down and relax from your travelling. Alternatively, explore the Port of Pollenca, a relaxed and friendly port with lovely beaches, shops and restaurants.
Over an evening sundowner, you will get to meet your fellow adventurers and Après Vélo host, who will provide a tour debriefing.
Your cycling adventure has well and truly begun.
Welcome Dinner shouted by Après Vélo.
We think the Cap de Formentor lighthouse ride might indeed be Mallorca's finest - especially now that there are restrictions on cars and buses that can use these roads.
The Mallorcans call the Cap de Formentor the meeting point of the four winds. Sitting on the most northerly tip of Mallorca, the winds that blow from the Spanish mainland, the European Alps, the Atlantic Ocean and North Africa meet here, and each seems to have left an impression on this tiny outpost. Our ride combines dreamy views, impressive engineering, and near perfect tarmac.
With alpine-esque hairpins overlooking a crystal blue Mediterranean Sea, beating against a shore of jagged limestone rock, it's no wonder that the road to Formentor has become an icon of European cycling. Island etiquette coupled with Après Vélo’s strict caffeine rules, dictates we must stop at the lighthouse for a coffee to admire the spectacular views of the gigantic volcanic rocks overhanging the crystal clear ocean. This truly is a cycling and photographic haven.
While Formentor may be today's destination, it's only one piece in Mallorca's astounding repertoire of rides.
Elevation gain: 1065m
Today's ride heads into rural Mallorca with quite narrow sweeping country roads. We head east before turning inland to the beautiful town of Petra. Discover the monastery and Bonany climb with spectacular views of the island. We stop for lunch in the town square. Thereafter, we will weave through the lanes to Sineu, which is typical of the quaint rural communities that can be found on the Island. Everyone knows that Mallorca offers a slice of cycling paradise, but did you know that today's paradise includes the opportunity to cycle a few laps of the Mallorca outdoor velodrome?
Elevation gain: 800m
Today we ride inland towards Binissalem via the Puig Magdalena, a beautiful monasteries climb outside of Ince. We return to Pollenca around midday to give you the opportunity to shower and change, for those who have opted in for the outdoor Mediterranean lunch at the beautiful country estate Son Brull Hotel (extra charge – talk to us when booking).
Dinner – own arrangements.
Elevation gain: 530m
Today's ride is sure to remain etched in your memory for a long time. We will depart slightly earlier for the best experience riding through the scenic Campanet Valley. We arrive at the foot of the Sa Calobra climb, which is one of the main reasons cyclists come to Mallorca. With about 7% average gradient and 9.4km of climbing, its emblematic 26 hairpin bends, breathtaking views and spine-tingling descent, Sa Calobra has captured the hearts and memories of many cyclists. Once you have conquered the beast, enjoy the super smooth descent of the Col de Femenia taking you all the way back to Puerto de Pollenca.
Elevation gain: 2200m
Optional coffee ride or day off. We will do a cruisy spin across to the town of Burger where we will stop for coffee in Campanet Square.
Today is a good opportunity to do some sightseeing or just laze on one of the many incredible beaches. Based upon what you feel like doing, we will guide you in the right direction.
An early shuttle to Andratx before riding the spectacular winding roads that hugs one of the most incredible coastlines in the world. We will stop for coffee at the monastery town of Valldemossa, one of the island's most eye-catching sights, before heading towards the famous scenic beach town of Port Soller for lunch.
Please note that the scheduled ride is back to Port Pollenca (115km).
Farewell Dinner - Dos Kanallas Restaurant at 7pm. Shouted by Après Vélo.
Elevation gain: 2400m
9th September - ADIOS TO MALLORCA
Unfortunately, your journey through Mallorca has come to an end. Transfer to Palma de Mallorca airport at a designated time (TBA).
The Après Vélo itinerary may be subject to slight route changes, and other modifications subject to circumstances.
START LOCATION & DETAILS
📍 Pick Up Location: Palma de Mallorca airport
🕐 Pick Up Time: 2nd September 2024. Exact time TBC.
FINISH LOCATION & DETAILS
📍 Drop Off Location: Palma de Mallorca airport
🕐 Drop Off Time: 9th September 2024. Exact time TBC.
BOOK NOW whilst you can, to reserve your spot.
HOTEL HOPOSA POLLENTIA - Puerto Pollensa
Its incredible location and tasteful style are an excellent option for cyclists that don’t like traditional, vast all-inclusive style cycling hotels.
- Elegant and sophisticated 4-star hotel with a dramatic Tramuntana mountain backdrop.
- Hoposa Pollentia is an adults-only stay boutique hotel in Pollensa located right by the bay.
- Just 10 metres from a beautiful fine sandy beach, you’ll discover one of the most romantic hotels in Mallorca.
- A spectacular swimming pool on the top floor of the hotel with panoramic views of the bay of Puerto Pollensa.
- A boho chic atmosphere.
- Bike room with washing machine.
- The perfect accommodation for non-cycling partners.
- Daily breakfasts in your respective hotels.
- Welcome Dinner (alcohol excluded).
- Farewell Dinner (alcohol excluded).
- Transfers to and from airport at designated pick-up time on the 2nd September and 9th September.
- Professional ride guide(s) who have lived in Mallorca for many years. They will ensure that safety focus is paramount and that all your rides are truly local, taking in many of the roads less travelled. We recognise that no rider is the same and we ensure that no-one is left behind whilst Living the Ride with us in Mallorca.
- Top end Basso bike hire if required (Extra cost. Talk to us when booking).
- Après Vélo souvenir t-shirt.
- Travel insurance.
- Meals outside of those listed under INCLUSIONS.
- Support vehicle.
- Bike hire (Extra cost. Talk to us when booking).
- Optional midweek outdoor Mediterranean lunch at the beautiful Son Brull Hotel (talk to us when booking).
- Café stops.
- In-room hotel charges.
- Activities off the bike.
We understand and recognise that for many, an overseas trip is part of a shared dream. It is for this very reason that APRÈS VÉLO ENCOURAGES AND WELCOMES NON RIDING PARTNERS TO ATTEND OUR CYCLING TOUR OF MALLORCA.
There are an abundance of activities that non riding partners can partake in throughout the week, over and above chilling at the hotel pool and beach.
Here is just a short list to wet your appetite:
- Carefully curated tours, designed to showcase the best that Mallorca has to offer.
- Wine tasting.
- Sites and museums.
- Cooking classes.
- Old-world charm villages.
Non-Riding partners will receive a 10% discount off the quoted prices.
RIDING MALLORCA - SEE WHAT IT'S LIKE
ROSE Bikes visited the island of Mallorca – and asked some interesting personalities about their favourite tracks and inside tips. We have shared with you their magical short film called CYCLESTORIES which captures the beauty of Mallorca, characterises the island’s authentic “faces” whilst wetting your appetite for cycling. We hope you enjoy and feel inspired to Live the Ride.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
See our FAQs page for answers to common questions or contact us via email.
NEED MORE INFO?
See our links below for more information about this tour.